Lucinda Gillingham Head of Fundraising at Treloar’s:
The whole campus has been filled with excitement today and I think virtually every class turned out in the sunshine to see the fabulous Coach arrive! The Worshipful Company of Chartered Surveyors logo looks amazing so I hope you are all pleased with how it has turned out.
I thought you may appreciate hearing some of our students thoughts on the Coach today:
- “It’s good, I’m excited and looking forward to going on it.”
- “I’m looking forward to going out as a whole class of eight, finally we won’t be cramped on two buses as we were before – it was a nightmare trying to organise a trip.”
- “The new Coach will make a huge difference to the School – it will bring us altogether as we will no longer need to be separated.”
- “I like the new Coach it makes me happy.”
- “I like the Coach it’s fantastic and the best bus in the world for disabled people.”
- “Happy days – we will be able to go out as a class and not have to take two buses.”
- “Wow, it’s big, I’m looking forward to going on it and listening to music I like and watching DVD’s.”
- “I’m so excited we’ll be able to go on the bus altogether – I’ll be able to travel with my friends.”
Everyone was also busy planning their trips out – I heard Harry Potter World, the Hawk Conservancy, the Beach, Marwell Zoo and Woodlarks Camping mentioned – and I’m sure many others will follow.
Anyhow, it was lovely to welcome Amanda today and we look forward to showing Tony and William the Coach at the official launch party on 3rd July.
Comment from our Learned Clerk Amanda Jackson:
“I have just spent a very privileged hour at Treloar College watching the new coach arrive. I am extremely proud of the Company for having made a donation of £115,000 to Treloar Trust. This strikes at the heart of what Livery Companies are about. Treloar Trust could not be more grateful.